Diabetes can affect any individual, however like people, genetic factors, lifestyle and diet can all affect the risk of the disease developing.
If you can say yes to one or more of these questions your pet might be at higher risk of developing or having the condition.
Information about my pet:
- My dog is a Beagle, Bichon Frise, Border Collie, Border Terrier, Cairn Terrier, Corgi, Dachshund, Husky, Miniature Poodle, Miniature Schnauzer, Samoyed, Scottish Terrier, Tibetan Terrier, West Highland White Terrier or Yorkshire Terrier
- My cat is Burmese
- My cat is overweight
- My pet has a close relative with diabetes (eg. mother, father, litter mate)
- My pet is six years or older
My pet is showing one of the following signs:
- Excessive thirst/drinking a lot of water
- Excessive urination or ‘accidents’ in the house
- Excessive hunger without gaining weight
- Being less active/lethargic
- Weight loss