These terms and conditions, the Membership Application Form and the Complete Care Leaflet or Complete Care Senior Leaflet together (“Terms”) form the basis of our contract with you, the pet owner (“you”, “your”). These Terms are important and we strongly advise that you read through them carefully and keep them in a safe place, so that you can refer to them in the future. Your Plan is administered by THE ANIMAL HEALTHCARE COMPANY LTD, 4 Bridge Road Business Park, Bridge Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1TX (referred to in these Terms as “we, us, our”). We collect payments on behalf of your local Companion Care or Vets4Pets veterinary surgery named on your Membership Application Form (“Your Vet”) to pay for Your Plan.
1. Treatment your pet is entitled to – the treatment paid for by Your Plan entitles the pet(s) you name on your Membership Application Form (“Your Pet”) to receive specified routine preventative healthcare, services and treatments required to maintain Your Pet’s health, as prescribed by Your Vet and as described in the Complete Care or Complete Care Senior Leaflet (“Treatment”).
2. Nothing in Your Plan prevents you and Your Vet agreeing that they will provide additional healthcare, services and treatments outside Your Pet’s entitlement under Your Plan. Any additional healthcare, services or treatments which are not included in Your Plan will incur an additional charge which is payable separately by you to Your Vet.
3. Treatment by another veterinary practice – Your Plan entitles Your Pet to receive Treatment at Your Vet only. If you choose for Your Pet to have healthcare, services or treatments provided by a veterinary practice other than Your Vet, these services will not be covered by Your Plan.
4. Products prescribed by Your Vet must be used in accordance with Your Vet’s instructions and must not be used on any pet other than Your Pet. If Your Pet is sensitive or allergic to the products prescribed under Your Plan, substitute products may be available, which may result in an additional charge. Please discuss Your Pet’s clinical requirements with Your Vet.
5. Your Plan entitles Your Pet to two consultations with Your Vet. One veterinary consultation will be conducted by Your Vet at the time of Your Pet’s annual vaccination. Please note that any additional veterinary consultations, health checks, treatments, preventative healthcare or services are payable separately by you to Your Vet.
6. Complete Care Senior 10% off prescription medication - The 10% discount is only applicable for prescription medication that your vet has recommended based on an observed and diagnosed clinical need. The discount excludes items constituting Flea and Worm treatment which are already provided for in the appropriate quantities for your pet within the plan. Only the pet registered for Senior Plan is eligible for the 10% discount on prescription medication. This discount cannot be used for treatment for other pets not covered by the plan.
Payments and your Direct Debit
7. By entering into Your Plan you are agreeing to pay the initial one-off payment as detailed in the Membership Application Form, followed by 11 equal payments by direct debit, the first of which will be requested 14 days after the initial one-off payment is paid to us and the remaining 10 direct debit payments will be requested monthly on your preferred day of the month as specified by you in the Membership Application Form. If you do not pay your instalments, without default, we reserve the right to terminate Your Plan and obtain from you a sum equal to the difference between the value of Treatments received and the value of the payments made by you.
8. If you need to change the date for payment collection, you should contact us by telephone (0844 800 8548) or by email (email@example.com) at least THREE working days prior to the due date for collection. We will not charge you to change your due date for collection.
9. Non-payment – if any of your direct debit payments are returned to us unpaid by your bank, we will inform you and will arrange a subsequent attempt to collect the payment from your bank account. If this happens, we will charge you an administration fee of £10.
10.Non-payment of two or more fees – If two or more attempts to collect your direct debit payments are returned to us unpaid by your bank, we reserve the right to terminate Your Plan and obtain from you any unpaid amounts for Treatments Your Pet has received.
11.You must pay the direct debit payments until either all of the direct debit payments detailed in the Membership Application Form have been paid by you or until Your Plan is terminated in accordance with clause 9 above. We will not refund fees paid or payable by you except in the case of our administrative error (in our reasonable opinion) or the death of Your Pet, in which case we will only refund sums you have already paid for which Your Pet has not received Treatment. You must collect all prescribed treatments within 3 months after the termination or expiry of Your Plan, whichever occurs sooner, following which you will not be entitled to collect any prescribed treatments.
12.If Your Pet’s weight changes and as a result it moves into a higher or lower weight threshold, we reserve the right to increase or decrease your fee accordingly by providing at least 28 days’ notice in writing. The new fee will be payable by you during the remainder of Your Plan. We reserve the right to change the weight thresholds from time to time by giving you at least 28 days’ notice in writing.
13.Your Vet reserves the right to review and increase your direct debit payments by giving you at least 28 days’ notice in writing. The new direct debit payments shall apply following your renewal of
Your Plan. Term and termination
14.Your Plan is an annual contract and we will write to you no later than 28 days prior to the expiry of Your Plan to offer you continuation terms on behalf of Your Vet. If you do NOT wish to renew Your Plan for a subsequent year, then you should notify us at least 7 days prior to the expiry of Your Plan. Otherwise, we will assume you want to continue with Your Plan and we will renew it accordingly.
15.If you fail to keep up with the payments under Your Plan, we will terminate it in accordance with clause 10 above.
16.If you change your mind and wish to cancel Your Plan, you have 14 days from paying the initial one-off payment set out in the Membership Application Form in which to do so. You should contact us in writing at the address above. The initial one-off payment set out in the Membership Application Form is non-refundable, but we will cancel Your Plan and will not request any direct debit payments. You will be liable to pay to Your Vet the full, non-discounted value of any Treatments received prior to the date of cancellation of Your Plan. If you wish to cancel Your Plan after 14 days, you will be liable for the outstanding amounts due until the end of the year and it is within Your Vet’s discretion to charge full price for treatments taken prior to the cancellation of Your Plan Conditions
17.You MUST be over 18 years of age.
18.Your Plan may not be transferred either from Your Pet to another pet, or from you to a third party.
19.THIS IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY.
20.These Terms are subject to English law.
21.The actual saving compared to the full price of the products in Your Plan will be calculated by Your Vet before you complete the Membership Application Form. Please note that no offer or discount may be used at the time of application to reduce the price of Your Plan.
22.Your Plan is not available to you if you have an outstanding balance with Your Vet. All new Complete Care Plans are subject to our acceptance of your Membership Application Form and we reserve the right to refuse to enter into Terms with you.
23.The weight of Your Pet entered on your Membership Application Form will be the weight used to determine the fee category Your Pet falls into, subject to any changes in accordance with clause 12. 24.You are responsible for ensuring Your Pet attends Your Vet regularly and that you comply with the advice and treatment Your Vet prescribes for Your Pet.
25.If your personal details change, you should notify Your Vet immediately.
26.If Your Pet is lost or deceased, you should notify Your Vet and contact us to cancel Your Plan. Disputes
27.If you have any problems with the administration of Your Plan or if you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by telephone: 0844 800 8548; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
28.If you are unhappy with the Treatment or any aspect of Your Pet’s veterinary care, you should contact Your Vet.
Use of your Personal Information
The Direct Debit Guarantee
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit The Animal Healthcare Company Ltd will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request The Animal Healthcare Company Ltd to collect a payment, confirmation ot the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by The Animal Healthcare Company Ltd or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
• If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when The Animal Healthcare Company Ltd asks you to
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.