Many of our surgeries run “puppy parties” which give puppies from around 14 weeks – 18 weeks old the chance to meet and play with pups their own age.
Once a puppy is fully vaccinated it is important to socialise with other dogs and well-organised and professionally run classes are a great way to build confidence and expose your puppy gently to different sights, sounds and breeds of dogs.
Usually held in our spacious reception areas the format of Companion Care’s puppy parties is relaxed and friendly. Each practice will vary their own methods slightly but whichever surgery is local to you, you can expect to come away knowing about:
- How to master basic commands such as ‘sit’ and ‘down’
- How to play with your puppy
- How to introduce your puppy to other dogs and what to expect during playtime!
- Most of our puppy parties are run by our vet nurses and you will have the chance to chat to them about any concerns you may have
- Many of our clients strike up friendships and enjoy further training and walks together!
Some puppies walk into our parties full of confidence and are happy to play with their new friends, others find it quite scary and will want to sit quietly with you and just watch and that’s just fine!
Most parties run once a week for between 4 and 6 weeks and some of our surgeries also offer follow on classes for “teenage” dogs aged between 18 weeks and one year.
The whole family is welcome! We love to see a whole family getting involved with a puppy’s training and socialisation as it really does sow the seed for a happy well-behaved adult dog!
To find out more about puppy parties in your area please contact your local surgery
A List of Related Articles Follow ...
Christmas is a time for celebrating
Start preparing for Fireworks season
Autumn is upon us, it is time to really consider our smaller pets!
Remember Remember your pets on the 5th of November