Do you keep ferrets?
Distemper in ferrets, here are some useful tips of things to do and look out for
Due to a recent outbreak of distemper in ferrets, here are some useful tips of things to do and look out for...
1. Be careful in not mixing your ferrets with other groups of ferrets.
2. Refrain from walking ferrets in public areas that dogs and other ferrets may have access to.
3. Distemper can be easily spread when infected animals sneeze or cough.
Signs to look out for in your ferret would be..
- A pinkish rash with a black coloured tip, mainly in the abdominal area
- Crusting around the nose,eyes,pads and in some cases, all over
- nasal discharge
- Padding on feet may swell
- Ferrets can be vaccinated from 12 weeks against Distemper, and every year thereafter
Please call your local surgery to book a vaccination or talk to a member of the team in more detail about distemper in Ferrets.
A List of Related Articles Follow ...
Are you and your pets going on a summer holiday?